Saturday, April 13, 2013

Bit of an update

Just going to toss a quick update up to let everybody know what's going on.

Work on ER is coming along quite smoothly. I've really been able to get in the groove now that everything is coming to a close on this semester. I wish I had been able to find this groove earlier, but it is what it is.

Anyways, as I said, work is moving along nicely. Interestingly enough, it's moving along because I have switched from writing solely on the computer to writing in a notebook first. All of the first draft is getting put down on paper before it is getting put into the file for the book. Hopefully, this will greatly improve my ability to edit things.

I've also gone through and picked up a number of editing errors I had in Time Jump. I know, I know, I should've done that a long time ago, but what can I say. I've got more than my share of character flaws, and I'm horrible at time management. I'm going to do my best to get everything updated and fixed by the end of this week, so to my understanding, if you remove it from your kindle and re-download it from your library, you should get the updated file. I'll do some more research into that though to make sure first for y'all.

Been getting some more reviews as well lately, and it seems that people do enjoy reading Time Jump. The editing errors that I have let linger takes away from their experience, however. If y'all are reading this, I am sincerely sorry for that. You rightfully expect a higher quality product from me, and my expectations for what I do should be in excess of what y'all place on me. Please bear with me, and I'll deliver a book you find worthy of your time. This is why I have altered my production style for Eugenic Reprisal.

Like I said, I am thinking that doing it the way I am will let me get things a lot tighter before it even makes it onto a computer.

I guess I'll leave with the final tidbit that the way things are being relined out based on reader feedback (I do listen to y'all), Halcyon might get condensed down to two a duology. We'll have to see how things are falling into place at the end of ER, but so far, it seems like pushing it to a third book would be stretching things thin. Just have to see how things develop was I go.

Oh yeah, I just remembered something that y'all will probably love. In the process of writing ER, playing more games than I should, and spending time with my wonderful girlfriend (you have no idea how much she has helped me these past two years), I've had two more ideas for universes to write in come to mind that I have written down, so I hope to get started on those as well once I get Eugenic Reprisal finished and into the editing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment